Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Median: Interview with Pilar López de Ayala

We have already crossed the shimmering light of this young actress in the Spanish film de Agustin Diaz Yanes, Captain Alatriste, the Garenq Vincent, like other on camera or by Manoel de Oliveira for The Curious Case Angelica. It illuminates today's film Gustavo Taretto, Mid personifying Mariana, a young woman consumed by loneliness, searching for a soulmate.

What made you want to get started in this romantic adventure? First I was really surprised that an Argentine filmmaker turns to a Spanish actress for playing a woman rooted in the world of Buenos areas. I was then seized by the story and how Gustavo approached. Argentine cinema is for me one of the most interesting now, I feel very close, they have little money but have shown great creativity.

I think filmmakers like Pablo Trapero and Lucrecia Martel, is a film very rich, very expressive. What exactly attracted you in the eyes of Gustavo Taretto? I was very touched by what the heroine through her vulnerability. It is a fragile woman at the time the story takes hold of her life she felt every vibration that unfolds around her and I let myself be sucked into his emotions directly on the board.

It was in this sense an incredible experience. I felt caught up in its spontaneity, which helped a lot. It is important for an actor to feel a lightness, freshness when approaching a role and this character has really made me it is fantastic, amazing. But beyond the character and what this young woman is today for me when I agreed to embark on this adventure, I wanted to feel Argentina, more than anything, more than history and what it conveyed.

The meeting with Gustavo was decisive, working with him has proved fascinating. I loved the way he guided me, the freedom he allows his actors while remaining very close to them. It's a real pleasure to work with him. You talk about the lightness of the character, you felt worn by the film's tone, humor is apparent from the dialogue? Absolutely, Gustavo approach very hot, happy and we are his dialogues.

They deal with a situation comedy drama, which gives it a real power. It is a wry humor and often funnier. What also struck me in the movie are the little details, insignificant, simple, but remind us that we are all part of a set. You felt caught up in this vision of solitude, by the image of these beings lost in the crowd? I love how he puts it into the abyss, the metaphors with which he plays, especially the place in a overview of Buenos Aires and its architecture.

Loneliness is not only women, it is general, it takes over all and what is interesting here is that these two people, yet so close, unable to cross, to meet . Men and women do not evolve at the same speed today. Men must understand the changes that have taken place, we must help them to understand, but I'm going beyond the theme of the film focuses more on the loneliness of two people actually lost in the crowd.

An oppressive crowd, which almost destroys their identity. These are two characters in crisis and that people living in the heart of major cities can easily identify. Virtual communications may eventually become a trap sometimes, you do encounter most is what happens here, the characters lock themselves in their bubble, the computer becomes a shield, especially for him.

You know this book, Charlie, who won almost as a character in the movie? I love this metaphor introduced by Gustavo. This character fills his loneliness, becomes a metaphor for the man she seeks unconsciously, this man actually at the heart of the city. She escapes by focusing on the fictional character, this research, she finds consolation with this book, she dresses the mannequins, the elements that pervade his imagination.

What this film and the heroin brought to you personally? I am involved in general completely, I am fully committed and I give a lot, here I also received many, it was a powerful experience, an opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment