Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hugh Laurie: Dr. House, music

Dr. House turns to music. The actor Hugh Laurie, who plays the charismatic Dr. House in the eponymous TV series, this week released his first album "Let Them Talk," in which he takes of classic blues. To mark the release of this album and his concert in Paris on 11 May, Hugh Laurie has engaged in an interview in Paris.

If the public knows him for his talents as an actor, Hugh Laurie admits however that his passion for music did not start yesterday. "When I was a kid I was fascinated by the pianists of New Orleans," says the actor in the columns of Le Parisien. "I love that sound, that way both sad and happy to play the piano.

I listened to their records in a loop trying to figure out how they came to make these sounds," he continued, adding that took his first piano lessons at age 8 years. "Dr. House, it is not me. This album is me" Hugh Laurie said that thanks to the popularity assigned Dr. . House he could realize his dream of recording an album.

"I was dreaming, but I never thought I could achieve it some day, until Dr. House (...) allows me to do," said British actor, adding he has in initially been reluctant to do so. "When the record company offered me, at first I said no I'm not good enough!" This album, it looks like Hugh Laurie - even more than his character in Dr.

House. "These sounds, these emotions, these stories are rooted in me. I love the character of House, but it's not me. This album is me," says the actor, adding that he "loose with the music." "When I make music, I let myself go. While I do not ever let me go to become House. Actor, singer, but also a writer, Hugh Laurie says he will write another book after the success of his detective novel, Everything is under control, adding however that "if the album works well, I shall instead of music, that's what I love most in the world.

" Music soothes the savage and it will not hurt to Dr. House and his fiery temperament.

No comments:

Post a Comment