Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jane Badler, Series V: "Diana is more mature but still ambitious!"

Remember, she played Diana, the commander of a group of evil alien lizards in the cult series V, with the antenna in the 80's. Twenty-five years later, Jane Badler is back in the new version of V, currently broadcast on TF1. Still manipulative, Diana returns to help his daughter Anna (Morena Baccarin) to regain control of the fleet of Visitors.

To mark the release of the first season of V on DVD, and pending the arrival of Season 2 on TF1, Jane Badler gave an interview to Gossip Rumors. fr. The Australian actress is back in particular on the evolution of his character, the circumstances of his return and even his legendary suit, whose male viewers still remember today! Maintenance.

Can you describe your character in the series? Is a rather strange two-dimensional. It is both the old and the new Diana Diana Diana a more mature, which took time to think because she was locked in a dungeon by his daughter Anna (the new leader of Visitors in the new version of Series, ed.) She has become wiser, but it remains very ambitious and full of flaws.

There is nothing she would not gain power. What are the similarities and differences between the old and the new Diana? The former was very evil and impulsive, she constantly killing people. She also had a very sexual side. The new Diana is slightly different: it is wiser, fairer, more disciplined ...

she has mellowed with time. You land in the first episode of season 2. What are the circumstances of your arrival in the series? I was locked up by my daughter Anna for 15 years in a dungeon, located in the bowels of the mother ship. She starts to lose control at the head of the Visitors and comes to me for advice.

"Fans bombarded the producers of e-mails for me to return" How did you come to play in the remake of V? Have you canvassed the producers or did they come to you? It was I who made the first step. I was in the U.S. so I took a plane to Los Angeles and met with producers. I think it was a good idea and there was also a lot of fans of the first hour were pushing for me to return.

They bombarded the producers of e-mails. In the end, they asked me to audition for the role of Anna's mother. Producers do not have spontaneously suggested a role before the series is launched in 2009? No. At first they were not interested at all to bring back old characters in the new version.

Only after the first season, while the hearings of the series were generally satisfactory, they began to think about it. The fact that many fans of the original series look at the remake has also helped convince producers that it was perhaps not a bad idea to call the elders. Are you one of the original series back or other actors do they also make an appearance? I was the only one for most of the season, but at the very end, Mark Singer (who camped journalist Mike Donovan in the original series, ed) also makes an appearance.

"My past in the series does not justify that I can be good advice" How to play with a whole new generation of actors? You give them advice? You know, when an actor you always play with people of all ages. I work with young players all the time, there's nothing new there. Mind you, I live in Australia and I just play for four months in a soap opera where the average age is 90 years actors (laughs) ...

Seriously, I do not give advice if you ask me. The director is there for that and, in general, players do not like one of their advises. Your advice is given, however legitimate your past in the series. Especially with Morena Baccarin, who plays the same character you played 25 years ago ...

Morena is very talented, she has a very good drama school. She did not need my advice, she knows exactly what she did. This is a new series, a new start and my past in the original series does not justify that I can be good advice. And so much the better, I did not give advice, just be like everyone else and to melt into the ground.

In the '80s, your character in V was voted best villain in a sci-fi series by television critics. How did you react then? It was an incredible privilege, especially since I was invited to Milan to receive the reward. It was great to travel around the world through the series. It is great to live in this life only through a role.

"It was my choice to play a sado-masochistic character!" What happened to your costume legend of the original series? You kept? Unfortunately not. Yet it was awesome this costume, I can not believe I did not keep! At the time I thought the hype was going to go costume, I did not want. Who would have thought that this outfit is already as popular 25 years later? Now, I'll do anything to retrieve it! At the moment, it must be in the depths of a box at the offices of Warner Bros..

They should have let me see the dress in the new series, everyone was crazy! In addition, it would have been consistent: locked in a dungeon for 15 years, what place can I wear besides my old costume?! I should tell the writers (laughs) Your character in the original series was rather sado-masochistic.

Is this something that can be found in the new version of V? It is true that in the original series, my character took great pleasure in killing and hurting others. I do not think this is actually the case in the new version. The new Diana was not that into her, she does not feel pleasure when killing is more a mission it performs.

At the time, it was also my choice to play a character with inclinations MS. I wanted it, and I got it (laughs)! "Participate in a third season? I doubt it!" You have recently pursued a career in singing and drama. You have projects underway? Yes, absolutely and primarily in the music. I finished shooting last Fri in December and I am preparing to launch my album, which will precede a short tour that I will do in Australia.

Hopefully from then on Europe's roads. I will also shoot a video clip, which will be released soon. All this takes me a long time and I do not think I can devote to other things. You do not play in the third season of V, if the series had to be renewed? I do not know but I doubt it. The producers contacted me do that for season 2, there was never any question that I turn in other episodes after this season.

But you should never say never! Want to come back? I'd love to do it but only for one episode. I spent four months to turn the series was fantastic but pretty intense. With any luck, they'll ask me back to keep an eye on Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment