Sunday, March 6, 2011

In poor health, Phil Collins music stops

It is a page in the history of music that turns. At 60, Phil Collins decided to retire because of health problems, according to FHM magazine. The former leader and drummer of Genesis is suffering from a spinal dislocation and loss of hearing, and a nerve injury that prevents him from properly hold his chopsticks.

"I do not belong anymore to this world and I think I miss anybody, "says Phil Collins to FHM. "I'm much happier writing in my corner," he continues. "I'm sorry I had so much success" During his career, Phil Collins has scored 13 singles on the charts, won seven Grammy Awards and even an Oscar for his work on the soundtrack for Tarzan, the Disney Studios in 1999.

With Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson, Phil Collins is the only artist to have sold over 100 million albums worldwide. This success, the singer is aware and, strange as it may seem, he apologized. "I'm sorry to have had much success. Really, it was not my intention," says Phil Collins.

"I'm not surprised that some people have come to hate me," he continued, alluding to the Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher, who once said: "We do not need to be talented to be successful. Look at Phil Collins. " For several years, Phil Collins has retired to a small town in Switzerland, as far as he can from the music scene.

It is therefore not surprising that today will officially announce his retirement. It's just another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment